Veteran Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal is still recovering in hospital from an operation earlier this month but should be discharged soon, the royal court said late Friday.
"The respirator used after the fully successful surgery was removed on Friday," the court said in a statement carried by the official SPA news agency.
"His highness will leave hospital within the coming few days," the statement added.
Signup to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
The royal court announced on August 11 that the 72-year-old prince had undergone surgery to remove an obstruction in his intestines.
It said his condition was stable but reports later surfaced that he had died after the operation prompting a denial from foreign ministry.
The Saudi press reported on August 19 that King Abdullah had visited the prince at the Specialist Hospital in Jeddah.
Prince Saud is one of the world's longest-serving foreign ministers, having been appointed to the post in 1975, seven months after the assassination of his father, king Faisal.
He has suffered from back problems over the years and undergone surgery in the United States.