Lebanese soldiers inspect the site of a roadside bomb on the outskirts of the eastern town of Baalbek, on July 7, 2013
Lebanese soldiers inspect the site of a roadside bomb on the outskirts of the eastern town of Baalbek, on July 7, 2013 © - AFP
Lebanese soldiers inspect the site of a roadside bomb on the outskirts of the eastern town of Baalbek, on July 7, 2013
AFP
Last updated: December 29, 2013

Two Omanis kidnapped in Lebanon free

Two Omanis kidnapped this week in eastern Lebanon have been freed, their country's foreign ministry said on Sunday.

The pair were "safe and well at the Omani embassy in Beirut," the ministry said in a statement, without disclosing any details about their release.

The ministry thanked the Lebanese authorities for their role in securing the release of the captives.

The two nationals of the Gulf sultanate had been abducted on Thursday in the region of Baalbek.

Lebanon's Annahar newspaper said five gunmen kidnapped the Omanis after stopping the car in which they were travelling at a roadblock in a village near the historic city of Baalbek.

The daily said that a police squad freed the two men in a raid outside Baalbek.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Stay Connected
twitter icon Twitter 13,558 linkedin icon LinkedIn 463
facebook icon Facebook 87,173 google+ icon Google+ 272