The office of Bahrain's prosecutor general said on Thursday it has ordered two minors to be sent to a juvenile detention centre after they were found to have taken part in an attack on a police station.
The state news agency BNA quoted Muza al-Naar, representing the prosecutor general, as saying the two were involved in an attack by some 150 people on a police station, when petrol bombs were thrown.
It did not say when the incident took place.
The two minors, both aged 14, would appear before a juvenile court on August 7, sources in the Shiite opposition said.
A Bahraini court on July 5 ordered an 11-year-old Shiite boy charged with a security offence to be monitored by a social worker for one year.
The arrest of Ali Hassan, who was earlier placed in a juvenile detention centre, had provoked protests by the Shiite opposition.
The tiny Gulf kingdom was rocked last year by a Shiite-led protest movement against the ruling Sunni regime, calling for a constitutional monarchy.
Several opposition leaders and human rights activists have been detained and Amnesty International says 60 people have been killed since the protests first erupted in February 2011.