Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah on Wednesday said the blasts which wounded four Israeli soldiers inside Lebanese territory last week were the work of his Shiite militant group.
The Lebanese army said two blasts on August 7 had wounded the soldiers as they crossed 400 metres (yards) into Lebanese territory.
Israel's army confirmed four of its soldiers were wounded but did not say what side of the border they were on.
Signup to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
"We had prior information that the Israelis were going to pass through this zone (in south Lebanon). Bombs were placed there and when they came that night, they were detonated," Hezbollah chief Nasrallah told Beirut-based satellite station Al-Mayadeen.
It was Hezbollah's first claim of an anti-Israeli operation since the two arch-foes fought a devastating war in 2006.
"We will not accept Israeli violations of our territory," Nasrallah warned. "As soon as we know that the Israelis have entered Lebanese territory, the party will face (them) in timely fashion."