FIFA called on the global football community to assist Tuesday and said it will donate $250,000 to the families of the victims of last week's riot at a football match which resulted in 74 deaths.
The victims died when violence erupted following the match between Al Masry and Al Ahly in Port Said.
Signup to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
World football's governing body said in a statement the sum would be paid into a charity account opened by Al Ahly on Sunday.
"I stated after the tragedy that this day was a black day for football," said FIFA President Sepp Blatter.
"I'm still very shocked by what happened. Many of the victims were so young. They were also a crucial support for their families, who now need help.
"The football community, including FIFA, must assist its Egyptian brothers and sisters."